Thursday, October 06, 2011

Who is Steve Jobs? Steve Jobs Quotes

Who is Steve Jobs? Steve Jobs Quotes


There Was A Man Department - Steve Jobs


Very few persons in my lifetime have had the kind of impact on movies as did Steve Jobs. I can think of only two other men who have effected EVERYTHING in film, as he did.

The only two even in Steve's league would be George Lucas and Walt Disney. They have changed the way we make movies, the entire process.


Try to describe. Where would you start? Pixar and Disney, Toy Story and Nemo, the machines we write, shoot, edit on. The Software. The Hardware. What an incredible movie force he was, and much bigger than just the movies.

He sold his studio Pixar to Disney, but who bought who? He ended up the single largest Disney shareholder. Wow!

Now, as I suffer the illness of another old friend, The Eastman Kodak Company, (which lately decides whether to file for bankruptcy), Steve Jobs has died, at a mere 56 years old, from a long illness.These have me reeling. Some big changes for the world, and for movies.


The signs were there for a bit, that Steve's road was nearing its end. He yanked his company's support from Apple's "Final Cut Pro" movie-editing software, by offering an abbreviated new version.


Then he quit his job as CEO at Apple. Something big was certainly coming. As it did.


Now he's gone.  What an amazing person. What a go-getter. How motivated. How driven.


Jobs was an Ayn Rand Objectivist, according to Steve Wozniak, his Apple co-founder. Like Rand's Heroes, Jobs was certainly a focused Capitalist. One who gave away $100 million dollars.


Today, some Steve Jobs quotes are with me.


"I was worth over $1,000,000 when I was 23, and over $10,000,000 when I was 24, and over $100,000,000 when I was 25, and it wasn’t that important because I never did it for the money."


"Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected."


"We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So it better be damn good. It better be worth it."
-- Fortune


"I’m the only person I know that’s lost a quarter of a billion dollars in one year...It’s very character-building."
-- Wikiquote


"Almost everything-all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure-these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."
-- Steve Jobs’s Stanford Commencement Address"

I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance."



"Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?"
-- Asked of John Sculley, former Apple CEO


"We're here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here?"

Why, indeed?

Last thought, not from Jobs, but about him:

He was Born out of Wedlock, Given Up For Adoption,
and Dropped Out of College. 


Then HE CHANGED THE WORLD.

So What’s Your Excuse?


Steve Jobs

Final Cut Pro
Macintosh G4
Macintosh G5
Apple Computer
Apple Macintosh
Steve Jobs Quotes
Steve Jobs Wisdom
Who is Steve Jobs?

4 comments:

  1. Mary Anne Clark10:40 AM

    Thank you for posting this, Sam. I am so sad to lose him. I just bought my first mac recently and it is pure joy touching it and seeing the beauty of the design. He was a truly great man, an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:36 PM

    iCandle for Steve here: http://steve-jobs.co/submit-your-story-eulogy/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Journey IS the reward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I just located your blog and wished to let you know that I have certainly loved reading your blogs. At any rate I’m going to be subscribing to your feed and I really hope you are writing again soon.

    ReplyDelete