Sunday, December 25, 2005

"Wide Christmas" (in VistaVision)

"Wide Christmas," by Sam Longoria
(with apologies to Irving Berlin)

I'm dreaming of a "Wide Christmas,"
In every Christmas song I sing.
Where each 8-perf image,
Will never dimage,
The mellow fellow,
Known as Bing.

I'm dreaming of a "Wide Christmas,"
With 1.5 to 1 screen shape.
From the "Seasons Greetings," to
Romantic meetings,
A high-rez 8-perf movie
Makes you gape.

I'm dreaming of
"Motion-Picture High-fidelity,"
Just like the films I used to screen.
From effects in "Star Wars,"
To "The Searchers" far wars,
I love each detail I have seen.

I'm dreaming of a VistaVision Christmas,
A Mitchell camera on its side.
With spherical lenses,
and Mercedes-Benzes,
as payoff, for this Christmas ride.

I'm dreaming of a Paramount
"Wide Christmas,"
With every 8-perf frame I shoot.
May your camera pull film on its side,
And may all your Christmases be wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment